The Elite#te.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quake 3 Arena 1.16n Clan

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)

Go down 
+7
po
Politix
tool
sparky
K!ll3R
Big*Buck
ReAper
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ReAper

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-01-27

100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Empty
PostSubject: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:25 am

Greetings All,

As of 2/10/09 we have decided to put Noghost's Anti-Cheat capabilities to work on their fullest level.

ALL players who would like to play at our servers will need the latest Noghost Client pk3 file (144). Please be aware of this before trying to play at our servers.

For a short time, railhall config will accept most noghost clients.

Quick Download
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Read about the client and download

If your afraid you will drop from noghost forums, download here:

-UE-

/edit

Please feel free to leave us any feeback regarding this:

Back to top Go down
Big*Buck
#te. Leader
#te. Leader

Number of posts : 962
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:45 am

well i'm now using it, but seems like acid doesnt want to
Back to top Go down
https://q3teclan.forumotion.net
K!ll3R

K!ll3R

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:46 am

lol @ acid...

Was already using it so np for me :D

and I heard this thing was makin it harder for haxor... so if it's true! thats nice
Back to top Go down
sparky

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:58 am

lol why did u post this.
Back to top Go down
ReAper

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:13 pm

sparky wrote:
lol why did u post this.

To avoid dealing with people acting "shocked" when they come to play at UE servers when the server makes them spec for not using the appropriate noghost client..

This post has been made at many clan forums as a courtesy post so people know what to be prepared for if they wish to play at our servers.

No worries though sparky, I'll just let it blindside you next time there's an update and let you piss and moan about it. Yahoo
Back to top Go down
tool

tool

Male Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 pm

well I wanna keep my hax >.>
Back to top Go down
http://sysclan.forumotion.net/
Big*Buck
#te. Leader
#te. Leader

Number of posts : 962

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 pm

lol, reapz...
Back to top Go down
https://q3teclan.forumotion.net
Politix

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 pm

sparky owned
Back to top Go down
sparky

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm

indeed o.O
Back to top Go down
po

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:54 am

Keep in mind, this isn't for UE, as some of our members are affected by the change as well, this is for the community as a whole. Wouldn't you like removing the cheaters from our servers and enjoy the game more? It's gotten way out of hand lately, time to do something about it.

What are the biggest arguments for not using noghost? Be specific please, so maybe mav can resolve some of the issues.
Back to top Go down
Politix

Number of posts : 165

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:08 am

cheating?
Back to top Go down
.acid
#te. Leader
#te. Leader
.acid

Number of posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:41 am

autofiring seems to be more of a problem than wallhacking. it's a lot easier to find a wallhacker than it is to find an AFer imo
Back to top Go down
kevin
#te. Advisor
#te. Advisor
kevin

Male Number of posts : 696

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:20 pm

i downloaded that shit and played in ue server, nothing really bothers me :)

P.S. Howdy popo my slut ! <3
Back to top Go down
tool

tool

Male Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:04 pm

well the only problem I can think of are all the people whose config's run from nemesis-based commands. I know noghost is a better anti-cheat, but it doesn't have more features for client-side cfg's than nemesis does. And the nemesis scoreboard is much cooler :]
Back to top Go down
http://sysclan.forumotion.net/
po

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:42 pm

I posted this on pWp's forums. There's more of a discussion going on over there.

Quote :
When using the newest noghost client, it drops the amount of hacks that can be used dramitically. Even ones that haven't even been made yet. That decrease in cheaters would be a huge help to the community. If you use both the authenticate client and the force version to 144 command, you will obtain the most protection there it. Noghost is another tool we use to stop cheaters, it's not the only tool, but it's definately the most helpful one out there. Watching demos all the time is very time consuming and is objective to the watcher. Noghost elimates that. If they drop, end of story. If they don't, we can still watch the demos and decide for ourselves.

I personally don't trust nemesis itself, considering the sorce it came from, but I won't go so far as to call it a hack. What it is, is a tool created as a work around to the noghost mods. It allows the users to use any cheat available to them, while allowing all the features, like enemy models, that the noghost client provided. That is why nemesis has gotten it's bad name from the refs and others.

I like some of the features that you guys do aswell, but for the sake of the community and to support Mav in his efforts I will only use noghost. If you provide feedback to Mav, like we've always done, then he can try to incorporate those into each mod release. As we progress, so will he. Support Mav and support our community, lets try to get rid of the cheaters currently present around here.

If you would like to try out the new noghost and check out it's new features, feel free to connect to UE's TDM server. May take some getting use to, but it will be well worth it in the end.

/connect ue.noghost.net:27961
Back to top Go down
po

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Mav asked that this INFO be posted with the topic.

Quote :

As the NoGhost client matures it is going to get stricter and stricter in how it detects cheats. If you have EVER used a cheat with Quake DO NOT download this build or use it. Only use this copy of the client mod with a clean copy of quake. You will drop if your dog/brother/mother used a cheat with quake years ago, even if it was deleted. Spread the word.

Whew, anyway, here's the feature set:
cg_drawAccuracy (default = 0)
-Boolean to show your current weapon accuracy on the screen as a percent

cg_drawSpeed (default = 0)
-Boolean to show your current ground speed on the screen in units per second (UPS)

cg_weaponEffects (default = 0)
-Variable to control what weapon eye-candy is displayed on the screen. Note these are additive, so pick the features you want and add their values together, then set it to cg_weaponEffects.
0 = no weapon modifications
1 = railbeam + spinning railrings
2 = simple railbeam (elite version?) - will override spinning railrings
4 = plasma ball + particles
8 = new lightning skin for lightning gun
16 = new rocket explosion

cg_drawWeaponSwitchBar (default = 1 )
-Variable to control how the weapon switching bar appears on the screen. These are additive, so add up the features you want and set cg_drawWeaponSwitchBar to be that value.
0 = no weapon switch bar
1 = normal weapon switch bar
2 = removes the text above each weapon when you switch to it
4 = forces the bar to always show and never go away

cg_teamColors (default = "")
-Variable to control the color of skin your team wears. These colors are defined the same way as the cg_enemyColors are defined.

cg_teamModel (default = "")
-Variable to control the model your team uses. The model is defined the same was as cg_enemyModel

cg_trueLightning (default = 0.0)
-Decimal integer to better control how the beam appears on your screen as compared to how the server sees your beam. Tuning this value towards 1.0 can be used to make things feel more realistic and less laggy depending on your ping time.

cg_scoreboardShadow (default = 1)
-Boolean to enable or disable the text shadow on the scoreboard

cg_drawScoreBox (default = 1)
-Boolean to enable or disable drawing the team/ffa scores on the screen

cg_lensFlares (default = 0)
-Bitfield to enable lensflare eye-candy effects on the screen. Pick the effect(s) you want, add up their numbers, and set cg_lensFlares to that value
1 = map lens flares
2 = missile lens flares
4 = sun lens flares

cg_smoothClients (default = 0)
-Boolean to enable player movement smoothing on the client.

cg_drawFriend (default = 1)
-Boolean to make the yellow "friend" triangle appear above your teammates heads in tdm/ctf games

cg_enableBreath (default = 0)
-Boolean to display player "breaths" when in tdm freezetag game to simulate them being in a cold environment.

ch_Obituaries (default = 1)
-Boolean to enable the obituaries in your console. Turning this off will remove the death notices you see like "Daemia did a backflip into the lava"
Back to top Go down
RazorRamon

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:00 am

I guess I have to hope that this version of quake that I dled is clean then.
Back to top Go down
psiwind

Number of posts : 203

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:22 am

from wat i heard from scene..it doesnt detect all the hax...cuz from wat he told me..he was using the new noghost and he didnt drop...so there ya go
Back to top Go down
po

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:35 am

it's already been stated that it won't get them all. But if he didn't drop, there shouldn't be any reason not to use it, right? Mav is updating cheats as we speak, so if it's not detected now, it might be later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)   100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100% Authentic (UE TDM Servers)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Elite#te. :: Community Forums :: #te.Lounge.-
Jump to: